wife, mother, ph.d. student, hot stuff.

Friday, November 08, 2002

I'm tired. Labwork has been unceasing these past few weeks. I'm not sure how I'm getting my classes done.

The GameCube I got Robin for his birthday has kept the house vastly entertained... to the point where people are often up in our room playing when I'd prefer to be alone. Doh. I guess we'll have to move it back downstairs at some point. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, this summer I moved into a 3 story townhouse with 5 people; Robin, and 4 of his chemistry grad student friends. Part of me missed living in close proximity to other people, so it seemed like a good idea. And generally, things are working out. But I've discovered I'm somewhat of a control freak, and if things aren't done exactly as I wish they would be, I get agitated easily.

I need to learn to calm down. And move the GameCube downstairs. Mike and Robin are so obsessed with beating Super Smash Brothers Melee that I've stopped playing the game completely.

I haven't been this stressed out since leaving Caltech. I guess this doesn't even compare to Caltech though, since I am getting 7 hours of sleep and can afford to waste 3 or 4 hours in a day destressing after work. I've even taken up tae kwon do, which eats up a good 3 hours a week. Stressed? Hah! This doesn't compare at all! But nevertheless, I am tired.

No comments: