wife, mother, ph.d. student, hot stuff.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

pros and cons

pro - People don't look at me wacky when I eat a lot (to be honest, I don't think I am eating that much more than I usually do, I've always had a large appetite and quick metabolism.)

con - the mouse is getting big enough that he is squishing my stomach, so I can't really fit enough food in me in one sitting to feel satisfied.

pro - my pregnancy has been quite normal and healthy so I am able to travel to 2 weddings next month, even though I've officially hit third trimester.

con - I have to find a dress to wear that won't make me look like a circus tent.


cons - I think I have heartburn, I have to sleep with a gajillion pillows all around me to keep my pelvis from being agonizingly painful during the day, my ankles are swelling, I feel like a furnace which isn't helped by the summer heat, any sort of physical exertion seems to trigger Braxton Hicks contractions, I can barely reach my feet now.

Big Fat Pro - WE'RE REALLY HAVING A BABY! He kicks and squirms all day long to assure me he's there, and he's growing, and I'm pretty much on cloud 9.

No comments: