wife, mother, ph.d. student, hot stuff.

Friday, November 12, 2004



Fall was nice while it lasted. Today is the first day it really feels like winter; it's snowing here in Cambridge. I'm still not used to the fall season being so short. While I was growing up in NJ, fall lasted till after Thanksgiving; I didn't have to break out gloves till December. But this year, I've been bundling my head up in scarves and shoving my gloved hands in coat pockets since the beginning of November. That's what I get for living 5 hours drive north of NJ.

When I was at Caltech, I complained a lot about missing the seasons. Now that I'm actually getting seasons, I sorely miss CA weather. Perhaps it is aggravated by our lack of a car; in NJ, I was driven everywhere and didn't have to be outside for more than 5 minutes at a time, but living in Cambridge means walking EVERYWHERE.

I know Robin wants to head back to the West Coast eventually. I think I'd be happy either here or there, as long as we get a car. Of course, job/grad school location will dictate it more than weather, but sometimes it's nice to dream.

No comments: