wife, mother, ph.d. student, hot stuff.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

rolling rolling rolling...

I've been at Payload for less than a year, but already I'm moving on.

Robin and I attended the wedding of his second cousin, Michael, in September. I met Nir at the reception (Nir and Michael's new husband are both faculty at Harvard/MGH). He wanted to talk to me about my new camera(Canon Digital Rebel) which he saw me using. We eventually started talking about what we did for our day jobs, which resulted in him visiting me a couple weeks later to talk more about his lab, which resulted in this:

Dear Regina:

I am pleased to offer you the position of Research Laboratory Technician for MGH’s Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, Center for Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases.....

This is really a huge development, and not just because I'm switching jobs. I'm taking this job with the intent of completely switching fields. The plan is to get a couple papers out, and apply for a ph.d. in biology.

Where I go after that is anyone's guess. Industry? Academia? I don't know. And where does starting a family with Robin fit in with these new developments? I have no idea. There's only one thing I do know; for the first time in a long long while, I'm really excited about my career. It's a good feeling.

No comments: